Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8/28/12 ChefElla's Healthy Parmesan Fries

CHEFELLA'S HEALTHY PARMESAN FRIES
Sometimes when I go out to eat with my parents my dinner comes with fries.  My Mother always reminds me that it is important to eat the rest of my food, but it is so hard to remember because fries taste so good.  I know that fries are just not that good for you, so I came up with my own recipe so that I  can eat them whenever I want.  Well not whenever I want, but more often, than I normally would.
I use parmesan cheese on my potatoes because I like cheese and because if I use cheese I do not need to use salt on my potatoes.
This recipe uses potatoes cut into sticks.  If you are not allowed to use a knife yet, your parents can help you cut up the potatoes.

1.  Wash your hands.
2.  Wash your potatoes.
    -You want to wash potatoes because they grow in the ground, and you do not want to eat
    dirt with your potatoes so washing them is important.
3.  Get a large bowl, a cutting board, a 1/4 cup, a knife, and some measuring spoons.  You will also
     need a cookie sheet, aluminum foil, and pan spray.
4.  Have your parents help you pre-heat the over to 425F.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs.        Yukon Gold Potatoes, skin on, cut into sticks
                      -You can use other types of potatoes and even sweet potatoes if you like.
3 Tbl              Extra Virgin Olive Oil
                      -They get the oil out of the olives by crushing them.  Extra virgin oil comes from the first
                      crushing of the olives.  When they crush the olives later to get more oil out
                      that is just regular olive oil.
1/2 tsp            Black Pepper, ground
1/4 tsp            Granulated Garlic
1/4 cup           Parmesan Cheese, grated

4.  Add the potatoes to the bowl.  Cover with the olive oil and mix well.
5.  Sprinkle the potatoes with the pepper and garlic and mix well.
6.  Add the parmesan cheese and mix well.
7.  Line your cookie sheet with aluminum foil.  Lining is a cooking word for covering.
8.  Spray the aluminum foil with pan spray so your potatoes won't stick to the pan when they bake.
9.  Place potatoes in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.  They will be nice and brown when done.
10.  Serve your fries with any sauces that you eat fries with.

These fries will be good for lunch, diner and if you can convince your parents, they are even good as a snack.

-ChefElla

No comments:

Post a Comment