I have always heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but Sunday breakfast is the most exciting breakfast of the week. Every Sunday my Mom or Dad makes something fun for breakfast. During the week we always eat something quick and good for us for breakfast like cereal, fruit, eggs or oatmeal, but on Sunday we get something different. I know that we make something special because we have more time, and it is fun to spend time together in the kitchen, but sometimes I would like to eat Sunday breakfast on another day. This week I took one of our Sunday recipes to make something that was quick, good for me, and would remind me of Sunday during the week.
For this recipe you will need to use the stove. If you are not allowed to use the stove by yourself you can have a grown up help.
1. Wash your hands.
2. For this recipe you will need measuring spoons, a spatula (pancake turner), a fork or small whisk, a
bowl and a saute pan.
Ingredients: (This recipe will make 6-8 servings)
4 Large Organic Eggs
1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Tbl. Orange Juice
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Tbl. Light Brown Sugar
6-8 Slices, Whole Wheat Bread
1 Can Pan spray
1 Tub Light Strawberry Cream Cheese
3. Crack Eggs into medium bowl. Wash your hands. Eggs can carry a lot of germs, and it is good
to wash your hands after handling them, just in case.
4. Add milk, orange juice, vanilla and brown sugar to the bowl and mix well. The mixture will have a
light yellow color when it is done
5. Pre-heat your sauté pan on the stove over medium heat.
6. Spray your pan with pan spray.
7. Dip one of your pieces of bread into the batter. Turn the bread over and coat the other side.
Transfer your bread into the sauté pan. Wash your hands after putting the toast in the pan.
8. Let the toast cook for 1-2 minutes. Use your spatula to lift up one edge of your toast.
When the toast has a nice golden brown color it is time to flip it.
9. Flip your toast over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. When the toast is golden brown it
is done. Transfer your toast to a plate
10. Repeat steps 6 - 9 until all of your toast is cooked.
11. When your toast is all cooked, spread strawberry cream cheese on top and enjoy.
If you do not like strawberry cream cheese, you can top your toast with maple syrup, peanut butter, honey, powered sugar or you can eat it plain. This recipe is so good and quick you can enjoy Sunday toast on a Tuesday.